Re: remote access

Remote Desktop allows you to connect to your computer provided you know your home computer’s IP address.

You probably also have to set up port forwarding in your router to allow the connection and of course you have to make sure Remote Desktop is enabled for the computer you want to connect to.

If you don’t have a fixed IP address which for a home connection is likely you would have to set up something called a “dynamic DNS” which allows you to set up an easy to remember name and if your IP address changes the service will automatically update this so that the name you set up still works, below is a website with more information:

https://dyn.com/dns/dyndns-pro-free-trial/

Lastly, if you use Jaws you may have to contact Vispero, I think Remote Desktop may not be something which works with a basic Jaws license, if I go to Jaws > About it says the following in addition to the version information etc.:

Upgrades Remaining: 2

Remote Access: Enabled

Tandem Direct: Disabled

Regards,