Re: adding a hollow square bullet in word

Lisa,

          Then the instructions should definitely work, as I did the step-by-steps to create them using Word 2016.  I like the hollow square of Wingdings best because it's got a bit of visual weight to it, like a bullet should.   There are other options, too, and if you end up wanting something that floats a bit more lightly on the page I can suggest the Symbol font, character number 240.