Re: having a problem using chrome to download the latest update to jaws.

Chris Hill

I fixed this one before.  I don't have the exact page I used, but this one has the gist:

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-the-dangerous-download-blocked-error-in-chrome/knowing, I

By default, chrome blocks files with names that google doesn't know are safe.  Disabling it is the only way to download things like pdf's from places that seem to randomly generate the name on request.

On 3/19/2019 16:54, Brian Vogel wrote:
This sounds like an extension, or else Windows 10 SmartScreen (see also: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/turn-off-smartscreen-filter-windows-10/) as I do not get any warning under Chrome when clicking on the link, JAWS 2019.1903.47 - March 2019, that's on the Freedom Scientific/Vispero JAWS page.