Re: Rearranging icons on the taskbar.

Steve Nutt

To me, it doesn’t matter which order the System Tray icons are, simply because I use JAWS key and F11 to bring up the list of System Tray icons, then press the first letter.  That’s a bit easier than worrying about order, isn’t it?

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: 15 March 2019 18:01
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Rearranging icons on the taskbar.

Hi Bill & All,

Here's how I rearrange the system tray icons  running Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.379) & all installed versions of Jaws.

1. Windows key + I, for Settings, tab 1 time to System, right arrow to Personalization, and press enter.
2. Navigate to, Taskbar and press enter.
3. Tab several times to, Select which icons appear on the taskbar Link, and press enter.
4. Okay now to put the System Tray in the order you want it in.  Tab through all the icons making a note of which ones you have checked / turned on because you're going to uncheck all of them.
5. Uncheck all the icons.  Now you will go through and check the icons in the order you want them in but keep in mind, they will appear in the reverse order that they are checked.  What I mean is, the 1st one yu check will be at the bottom of the list, the 2nd will be 2nd from the bottom, the 3rd will be 3rd from the bottom etc. etc....  After you're done open the system tray to make sure it's the way you want it and Alt + F4 if it is.

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.
Book: a utensil used to pass time while waiting for the computer repairman!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 8:52 AM

Subject: Re: Rearranging icons on the taskbar.

Hi, Chris. What I want to do is rearrange things in System Tray, not actually in the Taskbar, so unpinning things in the Taskbar won't work in this instance. What is actually happening is that I used to have an icon for Eset NOD32, my antivirus program, which was one of the first icons in System Tray. Now, in order to find this icon I must turn on all icons in System Tray, or, use the Notification Icon to go to the overflow section of icons in System Tray. What I want to do is rearrange the icons so that the Eset NOD32 icon is where it used to be.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 8:22 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Rearranging icons on the taskbar.

I tried using drag and drop.  Although it made the appropriate noises on
my windows 10 computer, it didn't actually work.  If you want to do this
the simplest way I can think of, do the following.
unpin everything from the taskbar by right-clicking or the equivalent on
each item and choosing unpin.  Now, open the run box with windows+r and
type shell:appsvolder and press enter.  This will open a folder with
shortcuts to all your apps.  Do the equivalent of right click and pin
any you want on the taskbar in the order in which you want them.

CH

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.