Re: switching off space marker.

Bill White

Hi, Alison. Maybe one of the following will work for you in turning off the space markers. Note that when using CONTROL plus SHIFT plus 8 that it is the eight key just below the function keys, not the eight key on the NumPad.

To Stop Announcement of Paragraphs And Spaces

press ALT, then F for the file ribbon, then T for options dialog.
Type D or arrow to select the Display category and press TAB until you get to the "Show these formatting marks" on the screen section.
Make sure the following are unchecked (press the spacebar to check or uncheck and continue to TAB to the next setting):

Tab characters check box
Spaces check box
Paragraph marks check box
Show all formatting marks check box

the last one, the all checkbox, is important to uncheck.
keep pressing TAB to and SPACEBAR on the OK button.

Two Alternate Ways To Stop Announcement of Paragraph And Space Markers

1. Press CONTROL SHIFT 8 (on the numbers row.

Second Way:

Press ALT plus H, followed by 8 (on the numbers row)

Bill White

billwhite92701@...