Re: sorting bookmarks in Google Chrome

paul lemm

Hi Orlando,

Personally, I bring up the bookmarks in Chrome  by holding Alt and then pressing F, then release  both keys and press  B.  I find that the quickest method for me, plus it feels most like IE’s  old favourites bookmarks which I like. But when you are in this bookmark menu you can right click a bookmark , select cut then go to the folder you want it in and paste there. I find this helpful if I’ve just added a quick bookmark without assigning it a folder since its at the bottom of my bookmarks list and I can just then cut and paste it into the folder I want it if I decide to keep the bookmark and want to file/organise it away in  some folder in my bookmarks list.

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2019 2:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: sorting bookmarks in Google Chrome

Orlando,

When you create a bookmark with CTRL+D, the second item in the dialog is "Folder" where you can choose the folder in which you wish to place it from among your existing folders or create a new one.

In Bookmarks Manager you can either use emulated drag and drop or, after bringing up the context menu for an existing bookmark, copying its URL, deleting it where it is, navigating to where you want it. then shift+TAB back to the Organize Bookmarks Menu button and create it anew using the URL you copied.

Every web browser gives you the ability to create bookmarks where you want them in a folder hierarchy and move them around at will.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.