Re: Accessibility of wordpress.com Versus Wordpress on a Hosted Site

Suratim

hello,
does anyone have experience accessibility with elementor plugin page
builder on wordpress self-hosted?
please let me know if you guys have tips and trik regarding
accessibility at elementor plugin page builder on wordpress
self-hosted

regards,
Suratim

On 2/8/19, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@...> wrote:
Hi!

I am wondering about the level of accessibility of 1) putting up a blog on
wordpress.com directly versus 2) having Wordpress installed onto a hosted
site and blogging their? To illustrate this difference, in the first case,
the URL would be something like "myblog.wordpress.com." In the second
case,
the URL would be something like "myblog.com." That URL difference does
not,
per say, have anything to do with the accessibility of the website as far
as
using Wordpress to blog. It just illustrates the difference between the
two
approaches. On the one hand, going directly to wordpress.com is free
whereas the hosted site would involve some minor fees; but that is not
critical here. The hosted site (e.g., bluehost.com) is professionally
managed, is itself decently accessible and has great customer service.
And,
the hosted site has "one click" installation of Wordpress scripts and also
keeps that installation constantly up to date. I do like the simplicity of
having a clean URL like myblog.com as I would have with the hosted site,
though. So, the central question here is if there is much of an
accessibility difference between these two different approaches?

Thanks,

Richard

--
best and regards,