Re: Problem With Jaws Sluggishness With Outlook E-mail

Steve Nutt

But you can also change that behaviour, by changing the power plan to High Performance, bearing in mind the reduction of battery life.

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io
Sent: 13 March 2019 20:11
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem With Jaws Sluggishness With Outlook E-mail

When on battery, your power settings can be set to slow the processor down to save battery life.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: 13 March 2019 18:11

Danny and all:

Well, I’ve solved, or at least partially explained my Jaws sluggishness issue.

This morning, when I experienced the issue, I was running my computer on the laptop battery.

At the time, the battery was about half charged.

As soon as I plugged the computer back into the power supply, things returned to normal.

I wouldn’t think running the computer on the battery would make a difference, but, in this instance, it seems to be the case.

It’s rather strange, I know.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Yates, Danney
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:29 PM

I’m using JAWS 18 and Outlook 13; experience similar, if not worse, issues.  Includes Sluggishness, and getting thrown out of Outlook when attempting to  open emails by pressing enter.  Also, this morning, when I’d tab or shift tab, within message, to get to an attachment, JAWS would just go completely silent on me for at least thirty seconds and when returning, had lost focus.kept

I use the email client, not web mail, which, I’m told by  our IT guy, is the reason for my issues.  I prefer to use Outlook email client, the web mail is more difficult to navigate, in my opinion.

Danney

Roosevelt Warm Springs

Danney Yates, M.Ed., CRC

Assistant Director

Campus Life

Office: (706) 655-5129  Fax: (706) 655-5118  Georgia Relay: 711

6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830

www.gvs.ga.gov                                       

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@...*

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:15 PM
To: jfw list <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Problem With Jaws Sluggishness With Outlook E-mail

Hello, everyone.

I am not sure if this is related to the recent Windows update I just experienced, but I am now finding that Jaws is rather sluggish when arrowing through an e-mail ffolder listview in Outlook.

It used to be that when arrowing through the list, I got an instant response from Jaws as I arrowed up or down through the list view.

Now, there appears to be a ½ to 1 second delay when working through the list view.

I also notice the sluggishness when tabbing through the fields in an individual message.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what might have changed, and how I can correct the issue?

I’m using Outlook 2016, Windows 10 version 1809, and the latest build of Jaws 2019.

Thanks as always.

Tom Behler

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.