From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2019 11:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: System Tray Icons, How to Rearrange in Windows 10

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 02:50 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:

As a sighted person you may tell by looking, but we, the blind, have to tell by vibration.

I actually seldom use anything on the drive itself as far as thumb drives or SD cards go to determine whether a task is finished writing.  Virtually anything where I'm copying, saving, etc., to a drive (be it a HDD or thumb/SD) gives a status that it's done.   Saving something like a word file, unless it were to be a multi-thousand page tome, is always over before you could even move your hand to pull the plug.

I'm not telling anyone that they should not use Eject if they so choose.  But what I am saying is that if you are confident that there is no write activity currently in process for a USB connected storage device that using Eject gains you nothing.  Some will always use it just for the comfort factor, and that's fine.   Just don't panic if you have to pull a drive without being able to do so that you know was not being written to at the time.