Re: [Bulk] Open Book

Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@...>

Recently I had to upgrade to Windows 7 and it turned out that my Open Book 6 was not compatible with it. I knew that there was a discount for Kurzweil if you were an Open Book user, so I looked into it. Even with the discount the price came to over 600 dollars. After having just bought a new computer that was entirely too high. I went ahead and upgraded to Open Book 9 for just a little over a hundred dollars.

On 1/27/2012 3:53 PM, George Marshall wrote:
Hi:
just to chime in on this thread I've been a Kurzweil user for quite some time and at the time I upgraded from openbook to Kurzweil there was a competitive upgrade offer so there is a possibility that they may still be if you want to check.

George R. Marshall
marshall.geoma4@gmail.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dean Martineau" <dean@topdotenterprises.com>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:15 PM
Subject: RE: [Bulk] Open Book

compare Open book 9, Kurzweil 12 and DocuScan Plus. The latter is clear and
simple, not for complicated work. Between the other two, if you can afford
Kurzweil and your scanning needs are serious, you will have far better
results than you will have with Open book 9. There are also off-the-shelf
solutions which enable you to input text from the printed page, and many
people use them. I would suggest, though, that if you can afford Kurzweil,
the sheer power and capability of the program outstrips all the others when
used by a blind person.

Now, to stretch and keep this post marginally on topic, note that when you
use Kurzweil, the scripts invoke JAWS sleep mode, so you can either let JAWs
snooze in the background or you can use JAWS to interface with it, though I
don't recommend this approach.

Dean
To find out about the week's news in adaptive technology, subscribe to Top
Tech Tidbits for Thursday by sending a blank message to
tttt-join@topdotenterprises.com. (make sure you have 4 t's in the AddreMake