Re: Drag and drop removed from JAWS Version 2019.1903.9

James Homuth

In which situations will transferring files and folders between applications not work using copy/paste? Genuinely curious, as that’s how I do it on a daily basis.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek
Sent: March-15-19 12:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Drag and drop removed from JAWS Version 2019.1903.9

Drag and drop is certainly most effective and necessary in some operations.  For example, if you need to transfer files or folders to a window of another open application, copy and paste won't work.  That's when drag and drop comes in handy.  Perhaps jaws' way of implementing the drag and drop windows feature doesn't work well because of the over reliance of the Jaws key.  On the mac for example,  Command+, and Command+. will do the job, which corresponds to the control+C and control+V key combinations on windows.  Cheers!

On 3/15/2019 11:42 AM, Angel wrote:

I always believed "cut and paste" was an adequate substitute for "drag and drop".  What is the difference?  I abandoned the idea of "drag and drop" several generations of Jaws ago, In favor of the "cut and paste" operation.  I always believed "drag and drop" to be a very unstable action, when employed using the Jaws key stroke.  Beside the Key stroke (I forget what it is now) was very awkward for people with challenges effecting the full use of both hands.