From: "Farfar in the Office" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Open Book

The only thing good about Openbook 9.0 is the Pearl Camera capability. It
really speeds up reading. However the user interface of OB9 as compared to
OB8 really sucks. They have hidden away many of the capabilities to tweak
the settings to improve the recognition on-the-fly.

Also the so-called audio file creation is a joke, since the speech synth
engine routinely mispronounces apostrophe words and words with quotes.
Listening to one of these is painful.

Other than that, I don't know how it compares to other OCR since many are
expensive and comparison would be financially irresponsible.

Dave Carlson
Sent from somewhere in the Western United States, using a Dell Latitude
E6520 and Windows 7