Re: need help unmuting volume

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 03:12 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:
I think you and I are talking about two very different programs.
You are, but they're both written by Nir Sofer and downloadable from Nirsoft.com.

He often has "grand unified" utilities like nircmd along with specifically focused ones like sound volume view.

If one were to wish to do as Mr. Delzer suggested and put an entry in startup to intentionally unmute every time the computer boots from scratch (as opposed to coming out of hibernation, whether conventional or for Fast Startup), then using nircmd is the easier option.  It's also the easier option if one wishes to create an "unmute" or unmute/mute toggle shortcut on the desktop as well.