Re: need help unmuting volume

Curtis Delzer

or you can put it in your startup group so every time your computer re-boots it will unmute the sound.

On 3/8/2019 7:55 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:
Hi,

Alternatively this program can allow you to just press enter on a file and have all volume unmuted.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sound_volume_view.html

hope either of these methods help.
On 2019-03-08 9:44 p.m., ratshtron wrote:
below is a link to a page to download a utility to use in a shortcut to execute line commands in windows specifily to mute and unmute the speakers on your computer. download the version of nircmd.exe for your os be it a 32bit system or a 64bit system and place it in your c:\windows\system32 folder and then create a shortcut using this program with the target looking something like this:

c:\windows\system32\nircmd.exe mutesysvolume 2

the last perameter of 2 is a toggle that will mute and unmute every other time you execute the shortcut. you can assign a keystroke to the short by right clicking on the shortcut created and tab to the shortcut key and assign one. I assigned shift plus alt plus v. hope this is clear enough and if someone else can explain it better please do so.

now the link to the web page to download the program. O' it is a free utility.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

Legend has it that on Wednesday 3/6/2019 08:42 PM, Jed Barton said:
Hey guys,

OK, just had a major problem.  I have no idea how i did it.
Fortunately someone was able to help me out of it, but i muted my
system volume.  Curious, when this happens, what is the keystroke to
hit with the latest jaws to unmute everything?

Thanks,
Jed

Curtis Delzer
HS