Re: Notepad++ and Jaws

JM Casey

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the verbosity setting is only for JAWS messages, I thought, and wouldn’t affect something like this?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: March 8, 2019 5:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Notepad++ and Jaws

I actually have have verbosity set to advanced because I cannot stand how chatty Jaws is.

I will do some digging around in the settings this weekend when I should have some time.

Thanks,

Richard

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On Mar 8, 2019, at 1:19 PM, Betsy Binney <Meandbastet@...> wrote:

I think if you change your verbosity setting to intermediate or above JAWS won’t read the status information. 

Betsy

On Mar 8, 2019, at 2:48 PM, Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...> wrote:

I don’t experience the problem of the status bar being read for each character typed. I’m also not sure what setting would have to be changed to stop it from happening. The problem I do experience is there are times after typing in some text on a line I will arrow down and I cannot get off the line. I have to hit escape or go out and back into the window. Also there are times when just arrowing through the document Jaws will suddenly not read a line. I know there is code on the line. Jaws just doesn’t read it. This occurs when using jaws 2018 or 2019.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Friday, March 8, 2019 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: Notepad++ and Jaws

Hello Richard.

It does not do this for me. There must be some JAWS setting involved which you and I and, I suppose, other users of Notepad++ have set differently, but I don’t know what it could be off-hand. Using JAWS 2018 at the moment; it worked acceptably with JAWS 18 as well.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: March 8, 2019 9:40 AM
Subject: Notepad++ and Jaws

Someone on this list, I think, mentioned using Notepad++ for creating web pages.

Since my previous software has stopped working I checked it out.

Jaws reads the status line after each character press, which makes it unusable for me.

Any way to stop that behavior?

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.