From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard
Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2019 11:12 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: need help unmuting volume

Not such a good suggestion, I just muted my volume and started Narrator and
heard nothing. Starting Narrator at least on my laptop did not unmute the
volume, I know this for sure because when I unmuted it (I simply use the
appropriate function keys on my keyboard) Narrator as well as Jaws were
running. This is also aother small issue, Narrator will start and run with
Jaws, but then you have both screenreaders running and potentially
conflicting.
Anybody who has a laptop should also learn about which function keys mute
the volume and which function keys turn volume up and down, I have yet to
see a laptop who doesn't have this feature. At best if your function keys
behave as traditional function keys or if you have done something to make
them behave this way, you have to press the FN key along with whichever
function key to get the Mute, Volume Up and Volume Down functions. On my
Asus Zenbook FN+F10 mutes/unmutes the volume, FN+F11 is volume down and
FN+F12 is volume up. This can be useful if you use a USB soundcard because I
am pretty sure the screen refresh command, Jaws Key + Escape, will only
unmute the default soundcard in the computer and not any other soundcards or
USB devices such as USB speakers or headsets.

Regards,
Sieghard