Re: need help unmuting volume

Jaws key + Escape sounds a lot easier and less problematic than restarting the computer. If a bunch of applications are open the computer may not even restart because it may ask the user to save their work or shut down some application and if there is no sound you'd just sit there and wait not knowing what's going on.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: need help unmuting volume

Hi, Jed. Another way besides INSERT plus ESCAPE to unmute JAWS is simply to restart the computer. When JAWS comes up, if the computer has been muted, or the volume has been turned down all the way, JAWS will automatically unmute the computer, and turn up the volume enough so that you may hear how to get to the volume and raise it further. It is not necessary in this instance to use JAWS key and ESCAPE to unmute. It happens automatically when JAWS starts.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...