Re: Accessible Screen Sharing Software

Barbara <batterseye@...>

I have used Team viewer program for a Windows computer.  It is free.  It does allow for screen sharing.  It is accessible.  It does not have an audio option so you would need to use the phone for example.  Another way is to open up your word processing software and write back and forth on it once you are connected.  I have done that a few times when the telephone connection went bad.  Smile.

FYI:  My sister has an Apple computer and I have a Windows computer and Team viewer works for us.

Barbara

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2019 9:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Accessible Screen Sharing Software

Hi, it's Annabelle.

Recently, I was getting some help from my sighted friend, Markus Johnson (yes, that's "Markus" with a K, not a C), and we ran into a problem with ITeleport, a software that allows one to share their screen with another. Specifically, ITeleport is being blocked by Google for security reasons, due to an "unrecognized device". Strangely enough, we used to be able to log on to ITeleport in the past with no problems at all. That being said, is there an alternative to ITeleport that won't experience that kind of problem? More specifically, is there a screenreader-friendly software for screen sharing? I know there's Team Viewer, but the version I have was specifically installed by PC Audio Labs, the company that makes the computer I have it on. I used to have Yuuguu (I think I spelled that right), which is both a screen sharing and chat software, but that one wasn't exactly screenreader friendly.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.