Jaws 2019 and the latest Adobe acrobat DC

DJ

 Hello,
It seems  that there is some sort of free trial offer popping up each time I try opening a PDF file using Adobe reader DC. Adobe wants me to try the  Pro version of Acrobat. There does not seem to be a way to cancel out of this screen, or a way to avoid it completely when Adobe reader launches. Because of this, jaws simply tells me the screen is blank, and I never get to read the PDF files. Has anyone found a workaround for this? If so, would you mind sharing?
Thank you ever so much.