Re: Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 02:10 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
Removing IE would break an incredible amount of compatibility, which
for MS is a huge no-no.
But, eventually, it will occur.   Backward compatibility is not, and never has been, perpetually guaranteed.

For those in the situation your parents are in it would behoove them to seek out alternatives before circumstances force it.  The writing is on the wall that IE will eventually be expunged from Windows 10.

Of course, provided one is not connecting to cyberspace, you could use a Windows XP machine as "command central" for a non-internet-connected LAN for all cameras in a situation like this.  I wouldn't simply because I know that eventually I'm going to be forced to change, and probably due to catastrophic failure of the computer.  I'd rather have control over necessary change to the maximum extent that I can.