cd, while still in windows and reinstall windows keeping all your
personal files. This resets a lot of stuff which may have gotten
corrupted. I have had to do this a few times.

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 12:33:34 -0500,
Mario wrote:

any ideas on how he can repair Windows for both computers other than
running sfc?
it really bugs him when it happens especially when he is using explorer,
the task manager and some other programs.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Brian Vogel [mailto:@britechguy]
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2019, 11:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: major windows 10 problem with jaws, file explorer not responding

"Not Responding" errors are, by their very nature, mysterious.   If a
shutdown/restart cycle clears them, and is not needed on a very frequent
basis, that is my suggested fix.  I get "not responding" not
infrequently, particularly with web browsers, but sometimes with task
manager and file explorer (Windows Explorer in 7 and earlier).

If it's really, really frequent, then something's likely amiss with
Windows itself and repairs to Windows should be done in an attempt to
fix it.

*/   Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always
a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong./*

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA /The Sage of Baltimore/

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...