I restarted and reinstalled adobe.  I guess removing and reinstalling jaws is where I'm going next since the repair didn't do the trick.

Thanks for the idea.

CH

On 2/27/2019 20:04, Flor Lynch wrote:
Have you restarted the desktop since the problem manifested itself? If the problem persisted after a restart, consider a completely fresh install of JAWS2019 on the desktop.

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Hill
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:27 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Adobe reader dc and jaws.

Well, this one has me beat.  I'm running the latest version of both
programs on two different computers.  My desktop will no longer read
pdf's.  They show up blank and jaws ocr won't start.  It is working fine
on my laptop.  NVDA reads pdf's fine on my desktop, but now jaws won't
do it at all.  I've repaired Jaws and that didn't help.  Any ideas?