From: "Chris Hill" <hillco@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2019 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS and Chrome

Unfortunately, making the upgrade available requires the manufacturer's input, and HP wasn't willing to do that on the machine I was fighting with. Sometimes different hardware really is the answer.

I've never had a problem like that before or since, but there it is.

On 2/23/2019 10:24, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Not something I ever came across, I even had an old PC at my store from 2008 which had an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, one of these E-series ones with 2 M cache running at 2.60 GHz and with an 800 MHz front side bus upgraded to windows 10 and it ran OK. Anyhow, one should think a BIOS upgrade might fix that if the BIOS is the problem.
Maybe there is another reason why Robbie didn't upgrade, I was just curious. Since Jaws 2018 was mentioned the screenreader certainly wouldn't be a problem.

Regards,
Sieghard