Re: How to append digital signature to a pdf

I know what it is you're trying to do, as I do it myself for billing sheets I submit, but I hasten to add that this is not a digital signature.

Digital signing is a thing of its own and requires no image file of any kind.  If the entity accepting the file allows digital signatures you can simply insert one on the file itself using your PDF reader or editor of choice (if it's got the digital signing feature, and most do).

See:  How to Electronically Sign PDF Documents Without Printing and Scanning Them