Re: Windows 10 and Jaws 2019 question

Richard Turner

With some laptops the f keys need the FN key pressed to do their normal action; so try insert-FN-f12.
A sure fired way to get a shortcut on the desktop is to use Windows File explorer; Windows key plus e and navigate to the executable file in the c Program Files folder, and right click on it and select create shortcut and it will offer to put it on the desktop because you cannot create a shortcut there.
I think there is a method with fewer steps that someone will chime in with.
I'd also recommend having more RAM installed.
4 GB is barely enough to run Windows 10.
HTH,
Richard

On Feb 24, 2019, at 3:57 AM, G. Gray <geogray@...> wrote:

I am new to both.  I have loaded Jaws 2019; updated it, etc.  I use a HP laptop 4 gigs ram 64 bit.  Jaws will not read the time (ins. + f-12) or the system tray (ins. f-11)  Is there something I need to do to fix this?

Also from the start menu  I cannot list the program list....can someone give the step by step solution to this?  I want to put some things like ‘notepad and wordpad on the desktop and I can’t figure out how to do it!  Thanks for any help.

George

PS:  Is there a free guide with commands for Windows 10?  I do know about the Microsoft help line.