Re: JAWS and Chrome

Robbie Curtis

Sieghard, I've been doing some projects and just haven't had the time to upgrade yet. I'll get around to it.

In any case, thanks to all of you for the inputs.

On 2/23/2019 11:36 AM, Chris Hill wrote:
Unfortunately, making the upgrade available requires the manufacturer's input, and HP wasn't willing to do that on the machine I was fighting with.  Sometimes different hardware really is the answer.

I've never had a problem like that before or since, but there it is.

On 2/23/2019 10:24, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Not something I ever came across, I even had an old PC at my store from 2008 which had an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, one of these E-series ones with 2 M cache running at 2.60 GHz and with an 800 MHz front side bus upgraded to windows 10 and it ran OK. Anyhow, one should think a BIOS upgrade might fix that if the BIOS is the problem.
Maybe there is another reason why Robbie didn't upgrade, I was just curious. Since Jaws 2018 was mentioned the screenreader certainly wouldn't be a problem.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2019 8:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS and Chrome

There are some computers that due to bios incompatibility won't run windows 10 even though they will run windows 8.

CH

On 2/22/2019 22:27, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Just curious, but why would you still use Windows 8.1 when Windows 10 is so much better?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robbie Curtis
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 10:52 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: JAWS and Chrome

Good Afternoon All,

I am having an issue with JAWS not seeing all the links in Chrome. Has anyone else had this issue or know which settings in JAWS I need to enable? I am using JAWS 2018 and Windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance.

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@...
"Stay in peace, not pieces!"

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@...
"Stay in peace, not pieces!"

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.