Re: What is this "new notification" message I cannot access?

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 05:43 PM, Dave... wrote:
So if I need to purchase new hardware, I'm inclined first to dive into the Mac and OS first
I would very, very, very strongly advise against this.  I have yet to work with anyone, blind or sighted, that is a long term user of Windows for whom the transition to MacOS is not hellish and, I hasten to add, vice versa.

Regardless of which direction of change one is anticipating, it is well worth the effort to find a friend, or a library, or somewhere you can sit down for at least a couple of hours and take a test drive of the OS you're contemplating jumping to.   It can save a lot of heartache (and, in the case of Apple products, a lot of money).

Although I have, can, and do work with OSX/MacOS, it frustrates me to no end as a long term Windows user.  A number of their choices with regard to the UI are completely counterintuitive to me and I stumble with them even though I know they're there.  The same is true in reverse for Mac users trying to deal with a Windows PC.  This is ignored at any individual's own peril. 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.