From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Daniel Wolak
Sent: 20 February 2019 14:06
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is there a version of JAWS that doesn't use mirror display drivers?

Glad I'm not the only one having jaws cursor difficulties.

Out of curiosity, is there a story behind why the jaws cursor has become far less reliable in recent versions?

I may have also missed this as I've been away from jaws for several years.

Thanks,

Daniel

On 19/02/2019 16:22, Maria Campbell wrote:

Looking forward to the day when the JAWS cursor works again.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

~ Blaise Pascal ~

Jaws still uses the so-called accessibility driver. In fact, in Jaws 2019 you can go to the Jaws Settings Centre, load default settings and type all or part of the word “accessibility” driver and you can then uncheck the accessibility driver and use the more modern method with is called “GDI Hooking”. This is currently being tested and Vispero is not making a big deal of it so far since some things may work better with it unchecked, but many things may not. Ultimately the goal is to have this unchecked by default and to restore the functionality of the Jaws cursor to what it once was or better.