From: Daniel Wolak [mailto:danielwolak97@...]
Sent: Wed, Feb 20, 2019 9:05 AM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Is there a version of JAWS that doesn't use mirror display drivers?

Glad I'm not the only one having jaws cursor difficulties.

Out of curiosity, is there a story behind why the jaws cursor has become
far less reliable in recent versions?

I may have also missed this as I've been away from jaws for several years.
Thanks,

Daniel

On 19/02/2019 16:22, Maria Campbell wrote:

Looking forward to the day when the JAWS cursor works again.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

~ Blaise Pascal ~

Jaws still uses the so-called accessibility driver. In fact, in Jaws
2019 you can go to the Jaws Settings Centre, load default settings
and type all or part of the word “accessibility” driver and you can
then uncheck the accessibility driver and use the more modern method
with is called “GDI Hooking”. This is currently being tested and
Vispero is not making a big deal of it so far since some things may
work better with it unchecked, but many things may not. Ultimately
the goal is to have this unchecked by default and to restore the
functionality of the Jaws cursor to what it once was or better.