Re: Getting Sound in Windows Safe Mode with Networking.

It's impossible for me to offer any ideas as to why the download function would "stop dead" on anyone's machine, particularly before commencing.

If I paste the URL in on Firefox, Chrome, or Edge I instantly get a Save dialog for the download.  The URL manipulation I use to force immediate download has been the same for years now, the only thing that changes is the file identifier.