From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: 19 February 2019 19:50
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Unchecking that Accessibility Driver in Settings...

James,

All well understood, but knowing that JAWS 2019 will run on a Win 7 machine, I pointed out to them just now that they should either disable that choice when a Win 7 op system is detected (and I'm sure that's easy for them to do), or at least put some warnings in their description text.

By the time they come out with a JAWS version that does not run on Windows 7, I'll be on a MacBook and away from JAWS.

Dave

Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 11:34

On a related note, you’ve just discovered a hidden warning it may be worth planning for. Specifically, I wouldn’t hold my breath on JAWS continuing to support Win7 after about version 2020 or 2021. That’s too fundamental a change to make backwards compatible, especially if it proves to actually fix the JAWS cursor issue in later OS’s. Plus, you know, there’s that whole thing about Win7 not being supported past 2020 by Microsoft.