Re: trying to learn how to use Chrome, and having issues.

Steve Nutt

No, they don’t.  In Internet Explorer, CTRL+L is for a Local file.  If you type a URL in it, it will still work, rather than saying don’t be so silly. <Smile>.

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: 19 February 2019 08:42
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: trying to learn how to use Chrome, and having issues.

In Internet Explorer, CTRL+L and CTRL+O, both take you to the place where you can type a URL address.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 10:48 PM

Subject: Re: trying to learn how to use Chrome, and having issues.

Control-l is what gives you a place to type in a website or search.  This is an adjustment from using control-o to open a website with internet explorer.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 1:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: trying to learn how to use Chrome, and having issues.

Hi all,

I have the tutorial here, by David Moore. I have read it, and am still having issues. I can’t even get to a web site I want. So, I open Chrome. I hit the windows key up arrow to make sure that chrome is maximized. Then I try to type in the web site I want. And so I hit Control O, and before I can type in anything, I hear, OAKPT2. So I back space that out, and type in what I want. And I hear an ok button. So I hit the space bar, and nothing happens after that. I am running windows ten and jaws 2019. What the heck am I doing wrong? I want to use this browser as my default, but not if it is this hard to use. Jim

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.