Re: Is there a version of JAWS that doesn't use mirror display drivers?

Hi Dave,

I would restart the computer and see if that fixes it, I certainly have not ever have Jaws crash and refuse to load and I check and uncheck the accessibility driver often several times a day for testing purposes (I’m in the Jaws private beta group) and also because in some of the applications I use Jaws works better using the new GDI Hooking (accessibility display driverunchecked) and in other applications it’s better if I use the accessibility display driver.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is there a version of JAWS that doesn't use mirror display drivers?

Sieghard,

Um, well I just did this -- unchecked the accessibility driver, and now JAWS 2019 has crashed and refuses to load. Any further suggestions?

Dave

Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 21:19

Jaws still uses the so-called accessibility driver. In fact, in Jaws 2019 you can go to the Jaws Settings Centre, load default settings and type all or part of the word “accessibility” driver and you can then uncheck the accessibility driver and use the more modern method with is called “GDI Hooking”. This is currently being tested and Vispero is not making a big deal of it so far since some things may work better with it unchecked, but many things may not. Ultimately the goal is to have this unchecked by default and to restore the functionality of the Jaws cursor to what it once was or better.