Re: Getting Sound in Windows Safe Mode with Networking.

Mario

Brian, is there one for sound in safe mode without networking?

-------- Original Message --------
From: Brian Vogel [mailto:@britechguy]
Sent: Tue, Feb 19, 2019 6:07 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Getting Sound in Windows Safe Mode with Networking.

I am creating a new topic since updating the batch script used to
achieve this end.  The new one will work under Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and
10.  It also does not require that the folder be unzipped only to your
Desktop, but that's still what I'm suggesting.  Everything is disposable
after you've run the batch script.

The ZIP file is on my Google Drive, and can be downloaded by activating:
SoundInSafeMode.zip
<https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=12M9B8JK5EXQYBFbmPHc2lTgdsaI1uTEv>

The first two steps in the installation instructions are:

You MUST be logged in using a Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 account with admin
privileges in order for this to work.
1. Download the file at
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=12M9B8JK5EXQYBFbmPHc2lTgdsaI1uTEv
    to your Desktop.
2. Unzip the SoundInSafeMode.ZIP file on your Desktop.  Simply select
the ZIP file, bring up the context menu,
and choose Extract All.  You should end up with a folder named
SoundInSafeMode on your Desktop.

The remaining instructions are in the file InstallationInstructions.txt
which will be one of 4 files that get unzipped into the SoundInSafeMode
folder on your Desktop.

*/   Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always
a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong./*

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA /The Sage of Baltimore/