From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of BRLGRL
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:58 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Laptops and external number pads

Hi.
I don't have a Win7 machine, but when I've used JFW on a laptop with an
external numeric keypad plugged in, I had to make sure the Num Lock was off
so the numeric keypad could function the way it would on a full-sized
keyboard. Have you tried this?

HTH,
Dani

On 1/24/2012 1:59 AM, Dondi wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have a Dell Latitude e6510 laptop and I'm using a external number
key pad with it. Does anybody have any experience with this type of
setup? My number pad works fine for numbers but when I try to use it
for in conjunction with JAWS I run in to limitations. Such as today I
was trying to get JAWS to read letters phonetically but when I pressed
the number five key twice it didn't work. In fact nothing works when
it comes to the number five key. If I press it once JAWS won't read
the letter the cursor is on. I have access to a full size keyboard
that I can plug in and do all this with, so I know it works just like
it's suppose too. But do to space constraints using this keyboard with my
laptop on a daily bases isn't practical.

Windows 7, 32 bit.

JAWS 13 / 12.

Dondi