Re: Laptops and external number pads

Dani Pagador

Hi.
I don't have a Win7 machine, but when I've used JFW on a laptop with an external numeric keypad plugged in, I had to make sure the Num Lock was off so the numeric keypad could function the way it would on a full-sized keyboard. Have you tried this?

HTH,
Dani

On 1/24/2012 1:59 AM, Dondi wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have a Dell Latitude e6510 laptop and I'm using a external number key pad
with it. Does anybody have any experience with this type of setup? My number
pad works fine for numbers but when I try to use it for in conjunction with
JAWS I run in to limitations. Such as today I was trying to get JAWS to read
letters phonetically but when I pressed the number five key twice it didn't
work. In fact nothing works when it comes to the number five key. If I press
it once JAWS won't read the letter the cursor is on. I have access to a full
size keyboard that I can plug in and do all this with, so I know it works
just like it's suppose too. But do to space constraints using this keyboard
with my laptop on a daily bases isn't practical.

Windows 7, 32 bit.

JAWS 13 / 12.

Dondi