From: Dave...
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:12 AM
Subject: Re: Is there a version of JAWS that doesn't use mirror display drivers?

James,

Not absolutely sure, but I think the mirror drivers stopped around JAWS 15.

Dave

Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 20:52

I had heard a long time ago that there was a version coming that dropped mirror display drivers. Does that version exist, and if so, which version is it? Asking as we’re running into the issue of mirror drivers messing with the Windows magnifier. As the primary user of this system is low vision but doesn’t have Zoomtext, and I occasionally provide tech help, we’re having to run Magnifier primarily with JAWS on the system for when I need to use it. That creates problems, because Magnifier requires Aero to run properly, and mirror drivers don’t support aero. Is there a version of JAWS that doesn’t use the mirror drivers? If so, that has just made my life about 5 times easier.