Re: Is there a version of JAWS that doesn't use mirror display drivers?

James Homuth

God I hope this becomes a thing soon. I don’t care so much about the JAWS cursor, but the person who owns this computer hasn’t got a hope in hell of affording Zoomtext. I can afford JAWS, but that only solves half our problem. LOL

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: February-19-19 12:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is there a version of JAWS that doesn't use mirror display drivers?

Jaws still uses the so-called accessibility driver. In fact, in Jaws 2019 you can go to the Jaws Settings Centre, load default settings and type all or part of the word “accessibility” driver and you can then uncheck the accessibility driver and use the more modern method with is called “GDI Hooking”. This is currently being tested and Vispero is not making a big deal of it so far since some things may work better with it unchecked, but many things may not. Ultimately the goal is to have this unchecked by default and to restore the functionality of the Jaws cursor to what it once was or better.