Re: trying to learn how to use Chrome, and having issues.

I am on the Jaws private beta list and while a few Chrome related bugs have been reported in the current beta and are being worked on, I have never experienced nor heard of anybody having a problem accessing the address bar whether you do it with Control + L, Alt + D or by pressing F6. I used to get to the address bar from any web page by pressing F6 once, it looks like a Chrome update has slightly changed that since the first press of F6 takes you to the currently open tab, then a second press of F6 takes me to the address bar.

Maybe you can explain in more detail exactly what is happening for you, but if you report something nobody can reproduce it is difficult to pinpoint what is wrong.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Mitchell
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 5:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: trying to learn how to use Chrome, and having issues.

Hi,  In my case, I have to regularly unload and reload JAWS to keep this edit field viable.  To no good end, I have advised Vispero about this annoyance since JAWS 18.  Mitch

“No matter how cynical you become, it’s never enough to keep up.”  Lily  Tomlin

Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: trying to learn how to use Chrome, and having issues.

Control-l is what gives you a place to type in a website or search.  This is an adjustment from using control-o to open a website with internet explorer.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 1:00 PM
Subject: trying to learn how to use Chrome, and having issues.

Hi all,

I have the tutorial here, by David Moore. I have read it, and am still having issues. I can’t even get to a web site I want. So, I open Chrome. I hit the windows key up arrow to make sure that chrome is maximized. Then I try to type in the web site I want. And so I hit Control O, and before I can type in anything, I hear, OAKPT2. So I back space that out, and type in what I want. And I hear an ok button. So I hit the space bar, and nothing happens after that. I am running windows ten and jaws 2019. What the heck am I doing wrong? I want to use this browser as my default, but not if it is this hard to use. Jim

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.