Is there a version of JAWS that doesn't use mirror display drivers?

James Homuth

I had heard a long time ago that there was a version coming that dropped mirror display drivers. Does that version exist, and if so, which version is it? Asking as we’re running into the issue of mirror drivers messing with the Windows magnifier. As the primary user of this system is low vision but doesn’t have Zoomtext, and I occasionally provide tech help, we’re having to run Magnifier primarily with JAWS on the system for when I need to use it. That creates problems, because Magnifier requires Aero to run properly, and mirror drivers don’t support aero. Is there a version of JAWS that doesn’t use the mirror drivers? If so, that has just made my life about 5 times easier.