Re: The menu bar in Firefox does not seem to be always visible

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Richard. Perhaps Full Screen is checked in the view menu of Firefox. You can go to View, with ALT plus V, and arrow up to see if Full Screen is checked. If it is, this will hide the menu. You can also toggle this full screen setting with F11. But it won’t tell you which way it is toggled. So, it is better and easier to use ALT plus V, followed by Up Arrow to see if the full screen menu is checked. It is not one of those check boxes which are unchecked with the space bar. Instead, if full screen is checked, press ENTER on the menu option for Full Screen.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2019 6:41 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: The menu bar in Firefox does not seem to be always visible

Hi!

Even though I have the View > Toolbars > Menu Bar “checked” in Firefox, it does not seem to be always visible.  When I press only the alt key, nothing happens.  However, if I press for example alt+f, then the menu bar *is* visible; and I can then navigate it.  How can I make the menu bar always visible?

I am using the latest builds of both JAWS 2019 and Firefox, and running under Windows 7.

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.