Re: What happened to Doug Geoffray,

Ron Pelletier

Hi,

Doug wrote a lot more than just Word Talk. He had a series. He had one called Term Talk, a terminal software and also File Talk which was a great database software. I used it for several things on my Apple IIE.

From what I hear, Doug did not stay with VFO. He is with Microsoft as programming manager in the accessibility department working on Microsoft Narrator.  With him there, I expect the Narrator will be the equivalent built-in accessibility to Voice-Over for Microsoft. I am hopeful.

Ron & Danvers

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: What happened to Doug Geoffray,

Does anyone else remember that he wrote WordTalk (Computer Aids Corporation, mid 1980s, word processor for Apple II systems)?

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>
Date: Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 12:12
To: "main@jfw.groups.io" <main@jfw.groups.io>

Doug is a program manager with the Narrator team at Microsoft and will be at CSUN.

Here is a link to the Microsoft Accessibility blog:

Richard

On Feb 14, 2019, at 7:30 AM, Tom Lange <lange85@...> wrote:

Hi,
I’d heard that He’s now at Microsoft but I wasn’t sure in what capacity. I wonder if he’s somehow responsible for the progress made with Narrator. With Doug at the helm, good things are surely in store. I wish him all the best.

On Feb 14, 2019, at 7:11 AM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

I have found that he is now a Senior Program Manager at Microsoft

On 2/14/2019 9:10 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:

No.

All the best

Steve