Re: using capslock with the desktop layout.

Jerry Berrier <jerry.berrier@...>

I always use Laptop layout, and as far as I can tell, both caps lock and the insert key work equally well.

Jerry Berrier

Director of Education Technology

Perkins School for the Blind
175 North Beacon Street
Watertown MA 02472
P: 617-972-7826
Perkins.org

Perkins School for the Blind Logo

Facebook Link IconTwitter Link IconInstagram Link IconLinkedIn Link IconPinterest Link Icon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 12:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: using capslock with the desktop layout.

I started using JAWS in version 2018.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 10:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: using capslock with the desktop layout.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 11:32 AM, Van Lant, Robin wrote:

But when I used caps lock in desktop mode, it seemed that the insert key not longer acted as a JAWS key.

With what JAWS version?

It's been a while since I played with using laptop commands when the desktop layout was the chosen default, but when I did they worked without my needing to change over to laptop layout.  That was definitely in one of the high teens JAWS versions, before they went to the "year of release" nomenclature.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.