Re: using capslock with the desktop layout.

Van Lant, Robin

But when I used caps lock in desktop mode, it seemed that the insert key not longer acted as a JAWS key. I want both to be a JAWS key, since it's sometimes easier to hit one over the other for certain commands. That's why I ended up switching to the laptop layout.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: useing capslock with the desktop layout.

Ah yes, good thinking.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of netbat66
Sent: February 14, 2019 4:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: useing capslock with the desktop layout.

you can use the capslock for the jaws key without haveing to change to the laptop layout.
on the other hand if you do this you have to use alt capslock when you really need to turn capslock on or off in this mode.
***
open the jaws settings center. then tab to the applications list and move to default all.
then , in the search box type desktop layout.
click on jaws desktop layout. you will find the option use insert. press the space bar on it to change it to capslock, . and save the changes.
then you can use capslock control f.
to use the capslock for your applications you have to press alt capslock to turn the actual capslock on or off.