Re: setting Adobe as default PDF reader

Just go to a PDF file in File Explorer, press Alt + Enter for Properties and then Shift + tab which should put you on the “Change” button. Activate it and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC then make sure to always use this app, tab to OK and activate it, tab to OK for the file properties and activate it and that’s it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barbara Black
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: setting Adobe as default PDF reader

Thanks Dan – I am using Windows 10 (JAWS 18) and I pressed space bar and then enter, closed it and then tried opening a PDF document and it still opened with Edge.  I’m not sure what I am doing wrong.

In the meantime, I realized that, instead of just hitting enter on the file I want to open (from explorer file list), I can choose “open with” from shift F12 and that seems to get around the problem.  Thoughts on this? o