Re: The best internet browser to use with JAWS.

thomas f dinkel

JM,
The vast majority of developers that I am in contact with see Chrome as the “only browser that matters“ and the browser that everyone should be using.

They came for the built-in development tools, they stayed for the convenience of having google store all of their information in one place (and they think that’s a feature).

I hear “Firefox is an edge-case” and “Firefox is disappearing“ so do we really need to make it work in Firefox?

Now that MS Edge is going to be running Chrome (Chromium) under the hood, there are even less browser options for us.

So, to people I care about, I encourage them to do this one small thing to help protect their personal information: make Firefox your default browser.

Google makes pretty good stuff, but it isn’t free; we pay by giving them our information.

Sorry, that was more than you asked for.

Take care,
Thomas

On Feb 13, 2019, at 1:37 PM, JM Casey <jmcasey@teksavvy.com> wrote:

What sort of grief do you get?

When did firefox fall out of favour with developers?
Or certain developers at least...