Re: some basic chrome naviagation questions

Marty Hutchings

I have to hit the Escape Key twice.  Just hitting it once gets the following from JAWS.  “Menu bar, Leaving Menu Bar, Google Crome Menu.”  I then hit Escape again and I get back to the page that I was on.  Any idea why?

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: some basic chrome naviagation questions

Try escape

On Feb 12, 2019, at 14:41, Marty Hutchings <mhutchings@...> wrote:

Hay Guys,  I am using the Latest Crome and JAWS 18 with Windows 7 and when I hit Alt to get into the menu in Crome, I can not seem to get out of the menu by hitting Alt again.  How do I exit the Crome menu?

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:08 PM

Hi.

Yes, hitting alt instantly says ‘chromium button” for me using JAWS 2018 and allows access of the menus. JAWS 18 performed exactly the same way.

Like in firefox, if you press f11, this menu disappears and alt will do nothing. So if you hit alt and nothing seems to happen, try this toggle to bring it back.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: February 12, 2019 10:16 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 08:17 PM, Jed Barton wrote:

Hitting alt by itself doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Provided you are not in the address edit box, ALT will throw focus on to the Chrome Menu button.  NVDA announces "Chrome Menu button" the moment you have focus on that button.  I don't have JAWS handy, but in work I've done with clients I could swear it does the same thing, at least in any of the more recent versions.

I'm now curious if JAWS is not announcing this and, if so, what version or versions aren't doing so?

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.