Re: waterfox with jaws

Gerald Levy

I downloaded the portable version of Waterfox, but when I ranit, the interface contained a list of items which made no sense. There was nothing resembling a home page with a search edit field.  So I chucked it into the Recycle bin.  This worthless piece of junk isn't remotely similar to Firefox.  No wonder hardly anyone uses it.

Gerald

On 2/11/2019 3:00 AM, netbat66 wrote:
the problem is if i switch to another screen reader  (n v d a)
when  waterfox is running  then go back to jaws  it looks like the virtual pc cursor is not working. it will still say it is on or off but this has mo effect until i reload waterfox. then jaws will start working again.
also just like firefox the bookmark list will hang  wheni open the bookmark list for about 20 seconds.
i have to turn off the virtual pc cursor before i open it. then it will not hang.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike B.
Sent: Sun    day, February 10, 2019 3:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: waterfox with jaws

Hi Net bat,

I'm running the installed version of Waterfox, Windows 7 Pro with Jaws 16. When you start Water fox press, Alt + T, then, O, to open options.  Now tab to either, Options or Options Document, and down arrow to List Box.  Press enter on, List Box, now you can down arrow to the various tabs in Tools / Options and you can tab through the settings for each tab.

You can also open Waterfox and turn the virtual cursor off with, Insert + Z, press, Alt + t, then, O, to open option.  Now, tab 1 time to the list of Options / tabs, arrow up / down through the list of Options tabs and tab through the options tabs to change settings.

Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
----- Original Message ----- From: netbat66