From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of netbat66
Sent: February 10, 2019 5:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: waterfox with jaws

do you need a add on to make it accessible?
i am trying the portible version and few of the jaws options work as is.
with the virtual pc cursor onedit boxes, headings read to end etc. don’t work with jaws as is.
and why are all the help options going to the firefox web page?

Hi Liz!

The best browser to use with JAWS, for me, has been a browser called:

Waterfox.

It was developed in 2012, and it is a spin off of Firefox, but it works tons
better.

It can use all of the classic Firefox plugins, and it is so very fast.

JAWS never messes up in Waterfox. It is kept up to date, and it is very secure.
A new update just came out.

Water fox has an interface that is almost like the old Firefox.

It has a spell check built in and everything.

It has a reading mode where you can get the clutter off the page, and read the
article.

The reading mode is built in.

You just press:

Alt+CTRL+R to put a web site into reading mode.

With JAWS, I would say that Waterfox is my favorite browser.

You can just do a Google search for Waterfox.

What I like as well, is the ability to download a portable version of Waterfox.

I love running a portable version, that I keep on the computer, because you do
not have to install it on the computer. Also, if you keep the portable version
on the computer, you can create a short cut on the desktop just like you can
with installed programs.

I hope this helps.

Take care, Liz.

David Moore