Re: The best internet browser to use with JAWS.

netbat66

it didn't work with my 64bit windows 7 either.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald Levy
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:55 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: The best internet browser to use with JAWS.

Well, I tried the portable version of Waterfox, and it is completely unusable on my 32 bit Windows 7 desktop. But at least it was easy to get rid of. I just chucked it into the recycle bin.

Gerald

On 2/10/2019 4:27 PM, David Moore wrote:

Hi!

The advantages that I like with a portable version of a program, is that it does not leave residue on your computer that is not part of the program.

For example, browsers leave cookies on your computer, which are tiny apps that make web sites work better. Also, when you install a program, remnants of the program are scattered around in folders that you do not think about.

Installing a program puts it right on your hard drive, and it leaves a footprint on your computer.

With the portable program, all bookmarks, browsing history, search history, and all of that, is saved right in the unzipped portable folder.

You know that everything that browser does, is right in the unzipped folder instead of on your computer somewhere, on the hard drive.

Also, you can put a portable program on a external storage drive, and just press enter on the .exe file on that storage device to launch the program.

I keep an SD card on my computer, and I put the portable programs on the SD card, and even put shortcuts on the desktop, because I leave the SD card in the computer.

That way, you are not taking up space on your hard drive’s storage at all.

I use this little computer with a 28 Gig SSD drive, so space is a minimum on this little gym.

You can also put the portable program on a USB pin drive, and carry it to where ever you go, and you can launch it on any computer anywhere.

That is the biggest reason why I like portable programs. That is why NVDA is so awesome, because you can put it on a pin drive, and take it where ever you go, and use NVDA on any computer.

That is the power of portable programs.

Have a great one, and please ask any questions.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10